I didn’t use any elastic; instead, I interfaced the cuffs and cut them to fit the sleeve ends after doing a test to make sure my hand would fit through. For the waist, I did a drawstring. I put it in a bit too low and had to grade the hips down because it caused too much of a flared shape. I also lined the hood, which you can see in the bottom two pictures.
As I’ve mentioned before, this project sat unfinished in my closet for, oh, 6 months. I’d installed the collar and hood and realized that the hood zipper was slightly smaller than my hood. Because of the effort I’d put into sewing the zipper and making a lined hood, it kind of stopped my in my tracks. And one I’d stopped, new projects always sounded more enticing.
I’m not sure what makes sewing easier to persevere in; maybe it’s because I don’t do it professionally, nor do I plan to. Nothing except for a wearable finished garment (probably for myself) hangs in the balance if I fail. There are times when I’m more confident in my abilities, times when I’m less confident, but I keep sewing. A hearty online community of sewists doesn’t hurt, either. Sharing projects, tips and travails really helps. I love seeing what everybody’s making and how you’re making it!
I’d make another Minoru, but I’m not rushing into it just yet. My hands need to recover, and it’s nice to give my triple-stitch setting a rest. If/when I do make another, I think I’d go down a size and try a cropped version. Thanks for stopping by and helping me celebrate my long-awaited jacket!