I made this skirt last weekend. I based it off of my favorite skirt pattern, Simplicity 2451, which I thought I could turn into a midi-length mullet skirt. I think the idea might have been good, but I used the wrong fabric (at least it was thrifted) and ignored what I knew about making circle/half-circle skirts and ended up with something I don’t really want to wear.
Something else I didn’t consider; you need a nice seam in the back of the skirt because it’s visible! I overlocked the raw edges of my fabric but I still think it looks a little goofy.
Next, I’m going to cut off the mullet and see if I can’t make this skirt wearable enough for me or somebody else. Wish me luck!