I can’t believe Me-Made-March is finished. It felt arduous and but seemed to pass quickly. “The years go fast but the days go so slow” – perhaps an overstatement but I can never resist inserting that lyric into situations where it seems even mildly appropriate.
Anyway!! Here are my last four outfits:
Day 27. I have to confess that I let my desire to wear my refashioned striped tee with short shorts dictate whether or not I worked from home. It was a great day.
Day 31. WHOOPEE! I made it. Back in front of the mirror after frustrating the fiance to no end with my photographic demands.
- I love dresses. It does seem frivolous to say “well, I’m making another dress”, but I wear them all of the time! I plan on making more of them.
- As long as my self-made clothes are made well and suit me, I don’t really distinguish between them and everything else.
- I became totally unsentimental this month about keeping clothing that I’d made just because I’d made it; I took a lot of projects to sell at Buffalo Exchange that I didn’t have any desire to wear or refashion. Bonus: o far, they’ve bought all of them!
- I’d written this at Week 1, but I’m still pleased and proud at the high percentage of thrifted items I have compared to store-bought
- A full-length mirror is key to putting together good outfits. Never again will I attempt to do without! I blame much of the badness of Week 4 on the lack of mirror. In fact, I just bought a beautiful one on craigslist that I can’t wait to show off here.
If you haven’t already seen the flickr pool for MMM11, check it out! There is enough inspiration there to last for a year or so.